Access the library collections, both physical and electronic, at https://tacml.agverso.com
Guests can browse the collections while registered patrons can sign into their account to renew materials and place holds. If you are having problems logging in or need assistance with the website, please call us at 989-681-5141.
Updated 9:54 a.m. July 19, 2021
Masks are not required to enter the building. You are still welcome to wear one.
If you are ill, are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or are under a quarantine order, do not enter the building. Please call 989-681-5141 for assistance.
Please remain a respectful distance from other patrons and from staff.
Items may be returned to the circulation counter or in the through-wall return slot located to the east of the entrance. All items are held overnight before being shelved for circulation.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please call and speak with the library director or inquire at the circulation counter.
We are happy to continue offering curbside service indefinitely and encourage anyone who feels they are at risk to take advantage of this service.
Theodore Austin Cutler Memorial Library
The City of St. Louis is proud to provide library services to the community. Library service has been a tradition in St. Louis since 1873. The city officials saw the importance of a library to the community and took over the responsibility of providing library services in 1938.
The T.A. Cutler Memorial Library has been serving the City of St. Louis and surrounding areas from its current location at 312 Michigan Avenue since 1997. Our beautiful library boasts a entire block of grounds featuring flower beds, benches and a gazebo replicating the well house at the famed “Magnetic Mineral Springs”.
The day-to-day operations of the library are managed by the library director under the oversight of the Board of Library Trustees.
The library is home to a physical collection of books, magazines, audiobooks, music cds, DVDs, Blu-rays, and magazines numbering approximately 30,000 items and has access to many other library collections throughout the state via interlibrary loan.
The library provides digital collections of 100,000+ items through OverDrive and Freading.
We offer public computers with high speed internet access and Microsoft Office productivity software in addition to wi-fi access for those who wish to bring their own device.
All in-person programming is currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our meeting room is unavailable. We look forward to providing these services in future.
Our Rabbit Trails Book Club meets via Zoom on the first Tuesday of the month. The teen advisory committee and book club meets via Zoom on the second Wednesday of the month. Children's take-and-make craft projects are available monthly on a first-come-first-served basis. We offer summer reading programs for ages 3 through 18.
Local author and historian David McMacken arranged for the donation of three paintings to the library in 2008. The wonderful paintings depict the area in and around the Magnetic Mineral Springs and the Park Hotel and are originals from the early 1900’s. The paintings are now on display at the library and are a great addition to the St. Louis community.
Historic Photo Project
“St. Louis Bygone Days” – A Collection of Historic Photographs
This colorful tribute to the City of St. Louis was presented by the St. Louis Fine Arts Board in December, 1969. The enlargements were made from photographs and post cards loaned to the Fine Arts Board by area residents for the project. Many of the photographs came from the collection of Lucille Behler.
Lucille Behler, a photographer and native of St. Louis, contributed countless hours of photography and worked tirelessly to restore the original colors to the pictures. The priceless pictures of historical St. Louis that you see here are the result of the dedication and hard work of the
Fine Arts Board and of Lucille Behler. Our thanks and appreciation go out to them for caring enough to preserve these memorable moments in our City’s history.
Members of the Fine Arts Board at the time of the presentation
Nancy McKim, President
LaVerne Webb, Secretary
Jean Ann Taylor
Prompted by the Library Board, the pictures were removed from their former location in the library community room (now the basement of City Hall) because of potential water damage. In July of 1981, they were framed and removed to the library (now City Hall Council Chambers) for safekeeping.
Members of the Library Board at the time of restoration
Mary Alice Fortino, President
Mary Lou McPherson, Vice-President
Georgia Spindler, Treasurer
Carol Crumbaugh, Secretary
Van Fenwick, CLL Representative
The collection was moved in 1997 upon completion of the new T.A. Cutler Memorial Library building at 312 Michigan Avenue where the 34 pictures are on continuous display for the enjoyment of the public and as a monument to the St. Louis community.
Please feel free to stop by the library during business hours to view the collection. Make sure to ask the librarian for a handout describing each photo and showing their locations throughout the library.