Oak Grove Cemetery
Beautiful Oak Grove Cemetery, established in the mid 1880's, is located among rolling hills in the northwest corner of Saint Louis. Dotted with century-old majestic oak, maple and flowering spirea, the cemetery is a great place to visit for a few moments of peace and reflection. Veteran's markers from as early as the Civil War are found throughout the grounds. The older sections of the grounds have many ornate grave markers reflecting the skill and artistry of past generations of sculptures.
Preparations are ongoing to complete water lines, roads, and plotting to open the east lawn for burials. Addition of these four acres will bring the total developed area to about 40 acres of the approximately 55 owned by Saint Louis.
Memorial Day services performed annually include a parade through town, a tribute to sailors lost at sea, a twenty-one gun salute, and a Veterans service in the Veterans Hill section of Oak Grove Cemetery. All veterans and the public in general are welcome to attend.
Flower & Decoration Guidelines
- Minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- No skateboarding, rollerblading, roller skating or scooters are allowed in the Cemetery.
- No snowmobiles, motorized ATVs or recreational activities.
- No planting of trees, shrubs, perennials or similar plants without prior approval by the Cemetery Board or its designee(s).
- No removal of trees or shrubs without authorization of Cemetery Management.
- No rosebushes, thorn-bearing, nut-bearing or fruit-bearing shrubs or trees.
- No decorative stone, wood chips or edging.
- No glass containers.
- No arbors or trellises.
- No decorations, flags or other decorative items higher than 4 feet above ground.
- No more than 4 decorative items per grave site.
- No dogs are allowed to run at large within the Cemetery.