THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS FOR CURRENT JOBS POSTED.
THIS INSTITUTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER.
Police Officer – Entry Level/Experienced Officer
St. Louis Police Department
Opening Date: 09-21-2022
Closing date: until filled
The St. Louis Police Department is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. The St. Louis Police Department provides 24-hour police coverage to the City of St. Louis. Patrol officers work 12 hours shifts - six 12-hour days and one 8-hour day per pay period
The St. Louis Police Department is located in central Michigan near the intersection of US-127 and M46. St. Louis is approximately three-square miles in size. The last official US Census shows the population of St. Louis, MI to be 7482.
- All applicants must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history
- Possess an Associate Degree or higher
- Must pass a physical, drug screen, vision and hearing test.
Starting benefits, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement include:
- Starting wage of $23.41 Hr. After 4 years $27.01 Hr.
- FTO receives an additional $0.50 per hour for hours spent training another officer.
- Night Shift Premium of $0.50 per hour for officers working the night shift or mid-shift.
- BC/BS health insurance with Health Savings Account
- MERS Defined Contribution retirement plan
- Delta Dental
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Deferred 457 plan
- Child-Care Flex Spending account
- Short term disability and long-term disability for all eligible full-time employees
- 80 hours of vacation after one full year of service.
- 24 hours personal time annually
- 54 hours sick time annually after one full year of service
- Training and certification programs as determined necessary.
Those interested may respond to Chief Richard Ramereiz with a completed City of St. Louis Full-Time Employment application, Criminal History Background check form, and Authorization of Information Release form which can all be located in the documents folder on this webpage. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Employee Handbook & Agreements