THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS FOR CURRENT JOBS POSTED.
THIS INSTITUTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER.
Police Officer – Entry Level/Experienced Officer
St. Louis Police Department
Opening Date: 07-01-2021
The St. Louis Police Department is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Full Time Police Officer. The St. Louis Police Department provides 24-hour police coverage to the City of St. Louis. Patrol officers work 12 hours shifts - six 12-hour days and one 8-hour day per pay period
The St. Louis Police Department is located in central Michigan near the intersection of US-127 and M46. St. Louis is approximately three-square miles in size. The last official US Census shows the population of St. Louis, MI to be 7482.
- All applicants must be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history
- Possess an Associate Degree or higher
- Must pass a physical, drug screen, vision and hearing test.
Starting benefits, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement that ends on June 30, 2022 include:
- Starting wage of $22.29 Hr. After 4 years $25.72 Hr.
- BC/BS health insurance with Health Savings Account
- MERS Defined Contribution retirement plan
- Delta Dental
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Deferred 457 plan
- Child-Care Flex Spending account
- Short term disability and long-term disability for all eligible full-time employees
- 80 hours of vacation after one full year of service.
- 24 hours personal time annually
- 54 hours sick time annually after one full year of service
- Training and certification programs as determined necessary.
Those interested may respond to Chief Richard Ramereiz with a completed City of St. Louis Full-Time Employment application, Criminal History Background check form, and Authorization of Information Release form which can all be located in the documents folder on this webpage. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Seasonal Laborer (Fall)
The City is currently seeking a Seasonal Laborer. The ability to perform mowing, fall leaf pick up, heavy manual labor and equipment operations in all types of weather and working conditions is required. A valid Michigan operator’s license is required. The Public Works Division performs a wide variety of Municipal maintenance and repair duties. Starting pay is $12.00 per hour. This will be 40 hours per week and the position is expected to last until the first part of December 2021.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the City of St. Louis Part-Time Employment application, Criminal History Background Check Form, and Authorization of Information Release form (all located in the documents folder on this page) to Keith Risdon, Public Services Director, 300 N Mill St., St Louis, MI 48880. Questions about the position can be directed to the same by calling 989-681-2137 extension 1010. Position is open until filled. EOE.