Employment Opportunity: Seasonal Laborer
The City of St. Louis Public Works Department is seeking candidates to fill the position of Seasonal Laborer for the Department of Public Works. Required skills and experience are as follows.
- A valid Michigan operator’s license is required.
- Ability to perform various tasks, such as grounds maintenance (mowing, leaf and brush pick up), manual labor and equipment operations, in all types of weather and working conditions is required.
- Experience operating a variety of equipment such as tractors, small dump trucks, leaf vacuum, mowers, blowers, chain saws, etc.
- The ability to take direction well, troubleshoot problems and be a team player.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- The rate of pay for this position is $13.75 per hour.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the City of St. Louis Part-Time Employment application, Criminal History Background Check Form, and Authorization of Information Release Form (located in the documents folder on this page) to Calvin Martyn, DPW Superintendent c/o Jamie Long, City Clerk at 300 N. Mill Street, St. Louis, MI 48880.
Questions about this position can be directed to the DPW Superintendent by calling 989-681-3644.
The City of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.